Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Chief

Did "The Chief" today for the second time. My previous was 3x5=15, so today I was hoping for at least 20, but had to settle for 18.25 (PR). The WOD: AMRAP in three minutes with one minute breaks for five rounds:
  • 3 x power cleans (135 lbs)
  • 6 push-ups
  • 9 squats
My rounds went like this:
  1. 4.25
  2. 3.75
  3. 3.25
  4. 3.25
  5. 3.75
For a total of 18.25.

I was discouraged by the degree to which my push-ups slowed me down, but then I thought of a couple things. First, that's a lot of push-ups -- 96 to be exact. Second, it wasn't too long ago that getting to 10 push-ups was a massive achievement for me.

During my first few weeks of working out in July-August of 2008, I can remember struggling and struggling to get each push-up in and working towards the lofty goal of 10 push-ups. Today, they're still not very easy for me, but the fact that I can now struggle to get in 100 during a workout is clearly an achievement. And it can only get better from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment