Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Ivan

We did Ivan for the first time today: 20 minutes of the following movements on the minute for the minute:
  • 3 x push presses (95lbs)
  • 5 x box jumps (24")
  • 7 x kettle bell swings (24k)
Now, I've done harder WODs, but rarely have I brought more intensity and determination to a workout like I did this one. I completed every single round as prescribed. I even gashed my shin (again!) on the box jumps but kept going. Once I got to round 15 I was determined to complete it as prescribed even though every fibre of my body was telling me to stop. I basically pushed myself forward by acknowledging that I was successfully doing each movement and that I didn't need to stop. And it worked. Nothing like a workout where you make progress in both the physical and psychological realms.
Man, I was completely out of it after the WOD for about two hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment