Monday, May 10, 2010

Demanding 4-cycle met-con with three minute breaks

Well, my very last workout as a thirtysomething completely destroyed me: WOD:
  • 8 Box Jumps
  • 6 Push Jerks 125 lbs / 85 lbs
  • 5 Pull ups
  • 3 KB Swings 32 kg/ 24 kg
Three rounds.

Rest for three minutes.

Repeat for four cycles.

Time: 34:20.

Did it fully prescribed, including every pull-up done in the kipping style. I was completely spent after this one and I just laid down on the floor for about 15 minutes unable to move. My hands were totally ripped apart (both hands bleeding) and my shoulders and elbows are very achy. I'm not expecting to feel very good tomorrow morning.

I think it was the combination push jerks and kipping pull-ups. I'm engaging muscles I've never engaged before!

Bring on the forties!! It's only uphill from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment