Friday, March 5, 2010

Pulling Grace

Great WOD today: "Pulling Grace." Coach Jason sez,
"Grace" is such an awesome CrossFit workout....30 Clean and Jerks for time with 135 lbs for guys and 95 lbs for girls.....sounds pretty easy but that weight starts to feel real heavy real quick. "Grace" also gives a huge advantage to someone who is big and strong. This workout evens the playing field a little for the smaller guy by adding in some pull ups.
WOD:

Strength : Back Squat: 3 sets of 5 reps @ 85% 1 rep max [which for me is 205lbs]

Rest a few minutes, then three rounds of:
  • 20 Pull Ups
  • 10 Clean and Jerks 135 lbs/ 95 lbs
Time = 13:33

I was very happy with how this one went. Yes, my pull-ups slowed me down, but I did a very good job working my way through the clean-and-jerks; my form is really coming along. I can't wait to do Grace next time to see my improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment