Friday, January 30, 2009

WOD: 'That's a lot of weightlifting!'

This WOD was intense and psychologically demanding: 5 rounds for time of,
  • 15 Deadlifts
  • 12 Hang Cleans
  • 9 Front Squats
  • 6 Push Jerks
Prescribed was 135lbs, but I lifted 100lbs -- which is quite heavy for me.

Probably the toughest WOD for me yet. After the first round I thought I wasn't going to make it through all 5. I had to dig deep on this one.

The cleans were unbelievably hard. After the first two rounds I had to break them down into 3's -- which worked well. On a positive note, my squats were killer -- got good praise on form and they felt fantastic. But during round #4 I started to get quite light-headed and even a bit nauseous; I didn't hold back on this one.

Eventually I finished at 36:06. But time was completely incidental for me on this one. Very proud to simply finish it with that weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment